What is Family Promise of Irving?
A faith-based, non-profit organization that assists children and their families who have lost or are at risk of losing their housing regain self-sufficiency by providing food, shelter, community resources, and encouragement through a network of volunteers.
Contact Program Director Teri Petty 972-313-1500 for more details on support services and volunteer opportunities.
Who do we serve?
- Families who have lost, or are at risk of losing, their current housing, including families living in hotels or with family or friends.
- Single-parent, dual-parent, and multi-generational families accepted.
- Must be 18 years or older and have at least one dependent child under the age of 18.
- Must have a stable history of either work or housing.
- Must be capable of regaining self-sufficiency.
- Must be drug and alcohol free with no serious criminal record.
- Families must commit to:
- Seeking full-time employment and housing on a daily basis;
- Meeting regularly with a case manager and completing a case management plan;
- Saving at least 75% of earned income; and
- Remaining drug and alcohol free while in the program. H No religious affiliation necessary.
How to qualify?
- Step 1: Call 972-313-1500 to answer a short prequalification questionnaire. (~5 min)
- Step 2: If prequalified, schedule and complete a phone interview. (~15 min)
- Step 3: If requested, schedule and complete an in-person interview with all family members present. (~1 hour)
- Step 4: Submit to a background check and drug screening.
- Step 5: Acknowledge, sign, and abide by all guest guidelines.
About the Program
- Families enter the program with an initial 30-day stay in mind.
- Families use the Day Center, which offers laundry and shower facilities, as their home base while in the program.
- Families stay overnight at host congregations where volunteers provide all meals and transportation to and from the Day Center.
- With all basic needs provided free of charge, families concentrate on meeting the goals set out in their case management plan, including securing permanent housing.
Learn even more about our program from the video below: